|Illustrated By:||Casals, Joana|
|By (author):||Trius, Mireia|
|Subject:||JUVENILE NONFICTION / General|
|JUVENILE NONFICTION / Lifestyles / City & Town Life|
|Size:||11.00in x 9.00in|
|From The Publisher*||Me and the Worldis a colorful, eye-popping universe of infographics about global communities.|
This content-rich book teaches about other kids and cultures around the world, all while stepping back and really seeing the big picture.
Me and the World is the perfect introductionfor a generation entering an increasingly digitized, data-driven world.
• Packed with dynamic illustrated spreads about customs of other countries
• Invites readers to see themselves in its pages through a data lens
• Guided by a relatable, school-aged narrator
Me and the Worldpairs visual literacy with data literacy, using colorful illustrations and infographics to present information in a way young readers will not only understand, but enjoy.
Equal parts educational and entertaining, this makes a great pick for parents and grandparents, as well as librarians, science teachers, and educators.
• Perfect for reluctant readers, especially those who would otherwise gravitate toward numbers-based pursuits like math and science, rather than than reading
• The graphs, infographics, and maps are the perfect resource for educators looking for engaging content for children to understand data.
• Ideal for children ages 8 to 12 years old
• Add it to the shelf with books likeThe Wondrous Workings of Planet Earth: Understanding Our World and Its Ecosystemsby Rachel Ignotofsky,The History Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK, andThe Science Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained by DK.
|Biographical Note||Mireia Trius is the publisher of Zahori Books. She lives in Barcelona, Spain.|
Joana Casals is an illustrator and a graphic designer. She graduated in Fine Arts at the University of Barcelona and since then has been working as a graphic designer for publishers and communication agencies.