|By (author):||Pilkey, Dav|
|Subject:||JUVENILE FICTION / General|
|YOUNG ADULT FICTION / Comics & Graphic Novels / Superheroes|
|YOUNG ADULT FICTION / General|
|Size:||8.54in x 5.74in x 0.75in|
|From The Publisher*||The heroic hound is send to jail in the sixth Dog Man book from worldwide bestselling author and artist Dav Pilkey.|
Is Dog Man bad to the bone? The canine cop is sent to the pound for a crime he didn't commit! While his pals work to prove his innocence, Dog Man struggles to find his place among dogs and people. Being a part of both worlds, will he ever fully fit in with one?
Dav Pilkey's wildly popular Dog Man series appeals to readers of all ages and explores universally positive themes, including empathy, kindness, persistence, and the importance of being true to one's self.
Everyone Digs Dog Man!
* "Striking color, interactive pages, drawing tutorials, and a plethora of laugh-out-loud moments all work to keep readers' attention on a tight leash." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "High-intensity, heartwarming, and, above all, hysterically funny." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Riotously funny and original." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "An utter, unfettered delight." -- Booklist, starred review
* "Readers (of any age) will be giggling from start to finish." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Action-oriented cartoons... Laffs aplenty." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
When Dav Pilkey was a kid, he was diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia. Dav was so disruptive in class that his teachers made him sit out in the hallway every day. Luckily, Dav loved to draw and make up stories. He spent his time in the hallway creating his own original comic books -- the very first adventures of Dog Man and Captain Underpants.
In college, Dav met a teacher who encouraged him to write and illustrate for kids. He took her advice and created his first book, World War Won, which won a national competition in 1986. Dav made many other books before being awarded the California Young Reader Medal for Dog Breath (1994) and the Caldecott Honor for The Paperboy (1996).
In 2002, Dav published his first full-length graphic novel for kids, called The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby. It was both a USA Today and New York Times bestseller. Since then, he has published more than a dozen full-length graphic novels for kids, including the bestselling Dog Man and Cat Kid Comic Club series.
Dav's stories are semi-autobiographical and explore universal themes that celebrate friendship, empathy, and the triumph of the good-hearted.
When he is not making books for kids, Dav loves to kayak with his wife in the Pacific Northwest.